Jump to navigation
- Level 13 of the office tower has been completed. Concrete pouring of level 13 of the hotel tower has been completed.
- Major deliveries occur within the confines of the fence line.
- Full time, 24/7 security is now in effect. Site-wide video surveillance is being purchased and installed.
- The project site workforce is now approximately 150. This is expected to reach upwards of 300 by Christmas.
- To date, over 34,600 cubic metres of concrete have been poured and 1,800 tonnes of steel have been constructed.
- Argyle Street will reopen when Sackville Street closes and Market Street will be closed for two days during the closing of Sackville.
- The structure now stands about 52m (170ft) above Argyle Street.
What’s coming up in October:
- Construction will be underway on levels 14, 15 and 16 of both the office tower and the hotel tower.
- Glass installation on the north tower will continue into 2016.
- Ongoing installation of structural steel on levels 4-7 of the Convention Centre.
- Pouring concrete for landscape walls around the perimeter will be ongoing throughout October.
Notice to neighbours:
- Sidewalk closures around construction site remain in effect.
- Expect daily truck activity and increased noise during construction at street level.
- Intermittent street closures around the site perimeter for form work removal will continue during concrete construction.
- Argyle Street closures will continue to occur before 11:00 am. Market, Prince and Sackville Street closures will continue throughout the month.