- The project has reached level 9, which is approximately 90 feet above Argyle Street and almost half of the structure’s final height.
- Major deliveries occur within the confines of the fence line.
- Night security is in effect from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The project site workforce is now approximately 130. This is expected to reach upwards of 300 by the end of summer.
- To date, 27,000 cubic metres of concrete have been poured and 1,200 tonnes of steel have been constructed.
- Reinforced concrete at the podium level is complete.
- Grafton Street has been reinstated for construction use.
- By approximately mid-August the fence line will extend to its permanent position.
- Market Street and Sackville will be closed beginning the week of July.
NOTE: Sackville Street will be closed for six weeks. Market Street will be closed for a week and a half.
What’s coming up in July:
- Throughout July, construction will begin on levels 9 and 10 of the office tower; structural steel on levels 7 and 8 of the hotel will be started, in addition to placement of the ballroom ceiling.
- Glass installation on level 3 of the north tower will begin in July.
- Ongoing structural steel installation on levels 4-7.
- Pouring concrete and erecting the supports for the balance of levels 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- Relocation of the fence line along the site perimeter of Sackville Streets will be carried out sequentially throughout July and August.
Notice to neighbours:
- Sidewalk closures around construction site are still in effect.
- Expect daily truck activity and increased noise during construction at street level.
- Intermittent street closures around the site perimeter for form work removal throughout concrete construction.
- Market Street, Argyle Street and Prince Street closures to occur before 10:00 am.